Effective date: 24-May-2023
2. Information We Collect
2.1 Personal Information
We may collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name, email address, phone number, and any other information you provide when contacting us or using our services.
2.2 Log Data and Cookies
Like most websites, we automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website. This information may include your IP address, browser type, operating system, referring/exit pages, and clickstream data. Some of this information is collected using cookies and related technologies.
Used and Loved is the Data Controller, and PostHog is the Data Processor.
3. What Information PostHog Collects and Why
3.1 Information from Website Visitors
PostHog automatically collects the following information from our website visitors:
- Technical information about your device, including your device's internet protocol (IP) address.
- Information about your visit to our Websites, such as the referral URL, the content viewed, and the content interacted with.
- This information is collected to better understand how visitors use our Websites, improve our Websites and visitor experience, and monitor the security of the Websites.
3.2 Personal Information
You may choose to interact with our Websites in ways that provide us with your personal information. In some instances, a User ID is generated for form and URL tracking, page views, page pings, and usage counts in order to ascertain product performance and development. The amount and type of information that Used and Loved gathers depend on the nature of your interaction with us and the amount of information you choose to share.
For example, we may ask visitors who use our community group to provide a username and email address. We will also collect the information you provide to us in connection with creating an account on the Website. Certain profile information, such as your username, may be shared publicly, as well as activity under your profile. If you report a security vulnerability to Used and Loved and request public acknowledgement, we may publicly disclose the personal information you provided to us in connection with the report, including your name, to fulfill your request for acknowledgement.
We may aggregate all information, including your personal information, collected from our Websites and self-managed installations for our own statistical and analytics purposes. We may share such aggregated information with third parties for our own promotional purposes, such as publishing reports on trends in the usage of our Websites.
3.4 Information Used and Loved Does Not Collect
Used and Loved does not intentionally collect sensitive or special category personal information, such as genetic data, biometric data for the purposes of uniquely identifying a natural person, health information, or religious information.
Used and Loved does not knowingly collect information from or direct any of our Website or content specifically to children under the age of 18. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a customer is under the age of 18, we will close that account.
3.5 Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
4. Lawful Basis and Purposes for Processing Your Personal Information
4.1 Contractual Basis
We use your personal information to:
- Administer access to your accounts
- Manage our customer relationships
- Provide our services, and send you service-related communications
- Provide you with customer support
4.2 Legitimate Interests
We use your personal information for the following legitimate interests:
- To improve and personalize your experience with us and our Websites, and to tailor communications to you
- To monitor and improve the performance of our products and services for administrative, security, and fraud prevention purposes
- For our own internal functions, management, corporate reporting, and internal research and analytics
We may rely on your consent in the following cases:
- Where you ask us to send marketing information (e.g., newsletter updates) via a medium where we need your consent under applicable law (e.g., email marketing in some countries)
- Where you give us consent to place cookies or similar technologies
- On other occasions where we ask for your consent, for the purpose we explain at the time
5.2 Tracking Technologies
Used and Loved does not utilise third-party tracking services to collect information about you.
Do Not Track
"Do Not Track" is a browser setting that allows you to express your preference regarding the collection of information about your online activities. Used and Loved does not engage in tracking your online browsing activities across other websites, and we do not permit third-party services to track your activity on our Website. We do not collect or share this type of data with third-party services. As a result, we do not need to respond differently to the Do Not Track signals sent by your browser.
5.3 Third party Trackers
If users have arrived at the Used and Loved website via Meta or Google ads, they may be asked to consent to the trackers and cookies used by these third-party providers. The terms and conditions regarding the use of trackers and cookies by Meta and Google can be found on their respective websites. We recommend that users consult the privacy policies and terms of these third-party providers for more information on their data collection and tracking practices. Used and Loved is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these external websites.
6. How Used and Loved Uses and Protects Your Personal Information
6.1 Sharing Your Information
- Service Providers and Partners: We engage a number of service providers or partners to manage or support certain aspects of our business operations on our behalf. These include Google Cloud Platform, GitHub, Slack, Plausible, and Klaviyo. Our service providers and partners are contractually obligated to safeguard any personal information they receive from us and are prohibited from using the personal information for any purpose other than to perform the services as instructed by Used and Loved.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose personal information to government authorities or other third parties if required to do so by law or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a subpoena, court order, or similar legal obligation; protect and defend our rights or property; act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public; protect against legal liability; investigate fraud or other unlawful activity; or as otherwise required or permitted by law. Please note that the email and IP addresses of users of a Used and Loved deployment may be shared with the respective users of that deployment.
6.2 Security Measures
Used and Loved takes measures reasonably necessary to protect your personal information against unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction.
7. Data Retention and Deletion
Retention of Personal Data
If you have an account on the Used and Loved website, you have the ability to access, update, modify, or delete your basic customer profile information by logging into your account and adjusting the profile settings.
9. Contacting Used and Loved About Your Privacy